Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dishwasher, electricity, and floors...oh, my

Coming out of the box...
January 5th-8th, 2014



We finally get to take it out of it's box.  The dishwasher, oh how I have missed you.  This was another one of my Black Friday deals.


The electricians are back and we get outlets and light switches.  Oh, you don't realize how much you miss something like electricity until you don't have it.  I have gotten so used to using flashlights at the house that it takes a while to train my brain to use the light switches when I go in a room.


And we get our real heater.  It's much quieter and warmer than the temp.

 And a another box arrives.

 It's a "sample" box of wood flooring.  I ordered one box so that I really get a good look at it and evaluate the quality of a box before ordering the giant wood floor shipment.

And of course I have to unpack the whole box just so I can look at it.  This is really going to warm up the rooms.  We are putting in the wood floors in all the upstairs rooms except the bathrooms, laundry, and the 2nd bedroom.

 I am loving the colors and patterns and the floor has a matte finish so it is not nearly as slippery as the floors in our last house.

2 comments: