Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Installing the wall oven.

Yes, make it a large.

January 5th


I don't know about you, but when I order cabinets and they ask if I want to supersize, I always say, yes.


 I believe this is the largest kitchen cabinet that Ikea sells.  How large is it you ask?  88" x 30"  It's going to house 3 drawers, a wall oven, a microwave, and than some storage above.


This is Seth, my brother-in-law.  He and my sister stopped by to help us lift the wall oven into the cabinet.  Thanks for the help guys, we really appreciate it.


Unpacking the unit.

Remove the oven door and packing materials.


So here we all are, thinking...that shelf is supposed to hold an oven.  That can't be right.  We should really test it out first, don't want to break the new oven.   What could we use that be okay if it fell?


Oh here, let's get Kiffany to test it.  Nothing broke, so we must have a success. 


And tada...team work, wins again.  The gap below the oven will be filled with a trim strip that came with the oven and a small filler strip.  This is our first wall oven.  I am really liking the final height.  I anticipated a complicated install but it really just sits on the shelf and then a few screws to secure it to the cabinet frame in the front.  There is a hole in the back of the shelf that electric cord goes in and the electrician hooked it up behind the drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment